Transfer your service in My Business
You can transfer a line of Verizon Business service to another person, and you can start that process in My Business.
A transfer of service requires authorization from both the current owner and the new person responsible for the line. This page provide instructions for both.
Requirements for the existing account holder
- Your account balance must be current.
- You’ll still be responsible for account charges until the transfer has been completed.
- Any transfer of service not completed within 30 days of the request will be automatically canceled, and a new request must be submitted.
Instructions for the existing account holder in My Business
- Sign in to My Business.
- Click Manage Account.
- In the “Service” column, click Manage Wireless Numbers.
- Select a wireless number, then click the "I want to..." box.
- Click Transfer your service (99 lines max).
- On the Transfer Your Service page:
- Enter the name of the new customer.
- Enter the email of the new customer.
- If you want to apply this information to all lines, click Apply.
- Confirm the email address to receive confirmation emails, or enter additional emails in the box below.
- Click Submit.
You’ll receive a confirmation number, and you can print the page for your records by clicking Print Confirmation.
New account owner instructions
You’ll receive a confirmation email when the existing account holder completes the online process in My Business.
- Review the Verizon Wireless Customer agreement terms in the email before transferring the line of service.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Accept liability for the line of service for the remainder of the existing contract line term.
- Call Verizon Customer Service at 1.800.922.0204 and provide the wireless number that is transferring liability. A representative will assist you with this request.
- The assuming party is subject to a credit check before the line can be transferred.
- A security deposit may be required.
- If this line is being added to an existing Verizon Wireless account, that account must be current.
- All lines that are transferring service will be required to switch to a currently available plan.